Saturday, January 15, 2005

Feminist hoax?

Maureen Dowd, who has earned my respect many times over, as lost a little with her recent column on the dating and mating preferences of men.

I felt compelled to write back to her.

---------------

"This may be true for even a majority of men - certainly is true for some - but for those of us men for whom it is not true, describing that side as if it were true for all men just gets in our way.

"As I date and look for a woman who is at least my peer intellectually and occupationally and hope to marry that woman, if she projects your characterization onto me because I'm a man, I'm at an added disadvantage.

"On the bright side, a woman as intelligent as I want for a partner would reject such overgeneralizations."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home