Friday, November 26, 2004

Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror

ISBN 1-57488-849-8

I'm nowhere near done with this book yet, but am so hooked on the refreshing blast of facts that I have already sent two copies out as presents to family/friends. This is in spite of the fact that he severely criticizes the Clinton administration's approach to the war on terror.

The author, an intelligence analyst working for the US Gov't and remaining anonymous in print (although I would be surprised if he's anonymous to the intelligence community (hmmm: could he be one of those who has recently quit?)) , gives an account that can be derived from open sources. He assures us there is no classified information in this account, but says that the classified information just makes the case stronger.

To me it's a page-turner. I'm hoping that by the end I will see what we actually need to do to win this war - or at least bring it to an end.

So, has anyone else here read it and want to comment on it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home